What do you bring?
- MSc in Data Analytics, Business Information Management or similar
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Affinity with financial markets
What do you get?
- €3.000 – €3.800 gross per month (36h)
- Extra study budget of €1500
- 8% vacation allowance
What do you do?
- 30% Data analytics projects
- 30% P&L data analysis
- 20% Process optimization
- 20% Stakeholder management
€ 3.000 – € 3.800 (36 hours per week) | Data Analytics | Data Science | Financial Markets | Treasury | Python, SQL & Spark | Agile mind-set | Amsterdam
Is it your dream to act at a top level in the banking sector? Are you interested in financial markets & data analytics and do you want to transform data into high-quality information? Do you have experience with IT tooling Python, SQL, and Spark? Are you both analytically and communicatively strong? Being a Young Professional – Financial Markets & Data Analytics at an internationally operating bank might just be perfect for you!
You will work within the Wholesale Banking division of the bank. Wholesale Banking services a wide range of companies and organizations, including multinational corporations, financial institutions, and governments. The department you will work for offers investment services to both institutional investors and multinationals globally. Your work environment is dynamic, turbulent and highly international with a clear focus on control models, reconciliation processes, and innovation. This team ensures that data sets comprising of trades, positions, valuations and cash flows are in accordance with the internal systems of the bank and the external world. Furthermore, data is transformed into high-quality information and new insights in order to offer a differentiating service to business partners. The team consists of eleven specialists and works through the Agile methodology. All team members are part of a self-steering team.
This team plays a crucial role for the bank to stay in control by setting the standard, managing change and safeguarding the control models across a wide variety of banking processes and products. As Young Professional – Financial Markets & Data Analytics you will work on various reconciliation change initiatives. This includes identifying and initiating opportunities for process improvements. Furthermore, you perform rigorous analyses on large, complex data sets and provide (strategic) insights, hypotheses, and conclusions to business partners globally. You are on top of all reconciliation developments in the financial markets. This is an ideal role for someone who likes to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
Furthermore, on a daily basis you are involved in operational reconciliation tasks. This includes:
- Analysis of Profit & Loss differences for the Financial Markets and Treasury department;
- Collecting data from various sources and perform checks and data validations. If you find inconsistencies or errors, you investigate which source caused it and search for an explanation;
- Building and managing data pipelines with potential to conduct statistical analysis and train machine learning models to inform and control operational decisions;
- Initiating actions and ensuring follow up towards the assigned party (internal or external departments);
- Making process descriptions and implementing process improvements;
- Thinking out of the box and find new ways to achieve goals and exceed customer expectations;
- Supporting in strategic initiatives, proactively explore and research customer journeys, steer new onboarding, and take ownership of team deliverables in projects;
- Building and maintaining close relationships with various stakeholders and act as a business advisor for management.
To be successful, the following should apply:
- MSc degree in Data Analytics, Business Information Management, Quantitative Finance or similar;
- 0 – 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Affinity with the financial markets;
- Knowledge of or affinity with data analysis;
- Good eye for process improvements within the bank;
- knowledge of/experience with Python/SQL/Spark
- Good analytical and numerical skills;
- Entrepreneurial and proactive;
- An innovative and Agile mindset;
- Communicative strong, you perform well in a team but also individually.
Working as Young Professional – Financial Markets & Data Analytics is challenging, diverse and with international focus. You will gain experience at a renowned and international bank, within a dynamic and results oriented work environment. You get in-depth knowledge of reconciliation processes, global financial instruments and transactions of one of the most professional players in the market. You learn to professionally and effectively communicate with all sorts of stakeholders (also internally). Furthermore, this bank offers you excellent career opportunities to develop yourself.
Furthermore we offer you:
- A good gross salary package €3.000 – €3.800 (36 hours per week)(depending on knowledge and experience);
- Extra study budget of €1.500;
- 8% vacation allowance;
- 24 holiday days;
- Participation pension scheme;
- Travel allowance.
Interested? Please upload your resume via the button below. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Floor van Ligten via +31 20 489 23 20 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.