What do you bring?
- Masters' degree
- 0-2 years work experience
- Affinity with reporting and processes, and data driven
- Willingness to dive deep into tax law and regulations
What do you get?
- € 3.200 - € 3.500 gross per month
- Excellent fringe benefits
- A challenging job in international environment
- A mixed team of both experienced and young professionals
What do you do?
- 40% Reporting and data analyzing
- 25% Advisory role to all stakeholders
- 20% Continuous improvement processes
- 15% Projects
Banking | Global Tax Operations & Services | Tax law | Junior Consultant | High Potential | Analytical | Agile | Big Data | MSc. graduate | Amsterdam | Salary € 3.200 – € 3.500,- gross / 40 hrs
Are you a young graduate with interest in tax law and regulations? Are you ambitious to work as a Junior Consultant at a highly international bank? Do you have excellent numerical and data analytical skills and do you speak fluent English? Young Financials offers a job opportunity as Junior Tax Operations Consultant – High Potential at a renowned bank in Amsterdam. Please read on for more information.
You will be working in the dynamic and Agile organized Global Tax Operations team. This team is part of Global Risk & Finance function of the bank. The team is responsible for operational compliance with multiple regulations. Operations of the team are focused on external tax law and regulations and with the aim to make it easier to comply with regulatory client tax obligations:
- Automatic Exchange of Information, including Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and Common Reporting Standard (CRS)
- US Tax withholding and information reporting, including the Qualified Intermediary (QI) regime
- Directive on Administrative Cooperation (DAC6)
The team is servicing clients like Tax Authorities, Clients- and all legal entities of the bank. Furthermore, you will work on internal (big) data collection, processing, reporting and data analyzing processes. You will join a highly professional and agile operating team of approximately 20 specialists. Team work, agility, self-development and self-direction are important values in this team.
IMPORTANT: Client Tax Services are explicitly NOT including Financial Institution Taxation, VAT, Corporate Income Tax and Transfer Pricing.
As a Junior Tax Operations Consultant, you will globally support the bank to comply with client tax obligations. You are “first line contact” for tax regulatory issues. You are consulting, and co-operating with technology specialists, content knowledge experts and operational teams with the aim to enhance process performance. You strive for continuous process and data quality improvement. In the first year you will work in 3 periods of four months and within different disciplines of the team.
- Period 1: you start with Form Validation process and related tasks.
- Period 2: you are participating in Account Reporting team and FATCA/CRS services;
- Period 3: data analytics, development role, working on data solutions.
Content of periods can vary and will also depend on your professional interest and skills.
To be successful in this job, the following should apply:
- Master’s degree in Tax Economics,Finance, Economics, Financial Economics or similar;
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience;
- You posses excellent consulting skills;
- Willingness to dive deep into tax law and regulations;
- You are data driven;
- Affinity with reporting and processes;
- Fluent in English;
- Experience with Python would bring a plus;
- Ambitious and enthusiastic;
- You are able to build and maintain relationships with all sorts of stakeholders.
As a Junior Consultant you have a key role to globally support the bank being in compliance with client tax obligations. You will gain international work experience within a dynamic, complex, and highly professional team and work environment.
You will receive an excellent salary package of € 3.200 – € 3.500 gross per month, depending on your work experience and based on a 40 hours working week. Moreover, you will have 8% holiday allowances, 24 holiday days (plus two bonus holiday days), pension, training budget of €1.500,-, and public travel card (2nd class).
Interested? Please upload your resume via one of the buttons below. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Noortje Slagter via +31 20 489 23 20 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.