International Bank | Operational Risk Control | Financial Regulations | Teamplayer | Analytical Skills | Junior | Amsterdam
Are you a young graduate who is interested in operational risk and financial markets and are you both analytically and communicatively strong? We have an exciting job opportunity available as Junior Risk Professional at the financial markets services division of a major international bank in Amsterdam.
Our client is a leading global player in financial markets services. They provide professional clients (including professional traders, market makers, brokers and investment parties) access to financial markets and make it possible for these clients to trade in financial products. These investors are further supported in complying with law and regulations.
The department you will be working for is responsible for improvement initiatives and projects in the area of operational risk, information security management, business continuity management and control framework. In this role you can learn a lot about the organization and their business activities. This department constitutes the first line of defense for the bank and for all risks, except for markets and credit risk. The bank is under continuous supervision of national and international regulation. Consequently, it is closely monitored by central banks and financial regulators. Complying with the requirements and regulations is of the utmost importance.
As Junior Risk Professional you will be responsible for detecting and diminishing operational risks associated with both national and international activities of the bank. It is key you take a proactive approach towards overseeing risk and taking responsibility for communicating risk information and further improving processes. You will optimize internal controls and minimize operational risks of clients. The work environment is highly international as you will have direct contact with the European Management of the bank. Many tasks are very similar to process audit activities and experience in the audit field is therefore considered a plus. You will participate in strategic projects with risk & control related interests. Projects can be very challenging and need a ‘deep dive’ into the business for a good understanding of the process.
Further, your responsibilities include implementing first line operational risk control frameworks, continuously taking effort to control the system, and advising management on how to take action regarding risks and its influence on the organization. You will also be responsible for the coordination of internal and external audits with respect to regulatory requirements.
To be successful in this job, the following should apply:
- Graduated (Master) in Finance/ Business Economics
- 0 – 2 years of relevant working experience
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Driven, Self-motivated and hands – on
- Integrity as high priority
- Fluent in English
- Interest in IT systems
As Junior Risk Professional, we offer you:
- A workplace at a excellent location in Amsterdam
- The ability to gain relevant work experience in a international and very dynamic work environment
- A challenging job with very divers tasks
- The ability to gain a broad understanding of banking processes and systems from a leading player in the market
- The opportunity to be in contact with multiple departments, (senior) management and build a unique network that ensures an excellent basis for the rest of your career.
- Excellent primary and secondary employment conditions
- An extra study budget for relevant external training
- An essential Young Financials Starters bag!
Interested? Please upload your resume via the button below. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Floor van Ligten via +31 20 489 23 20 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.