Junior/Medior Financial Data Analyst | Financial Markets | Treasury | Data analyse | BI Tools | Agile mind-set | Amsterdam | € 3.000 – € 3.800 (36 hours per week)
Is it your dream to act at a top level in the banking sector? Are you a young professional with a maximum of three years work experience? Are you interested in financial markets and do you want to transform data into high-quality information? Do you have experience with client contact and generating new business?Are you both analytically and communicatively strong? Being a Junior/Medior Financial Data Analyst at an internationally operating bank might just be perfect for you!
You will work within the Wholesale Banking division of the bank. Wholesale Banking services a wide range of companies and organizations, including multinational corporations, financial institutions, and governments. The department you will work for offers investment services to both institutional investors and multinationals globally. Your work environment is dynamic, turbulent and highly international with a clear focus on control models and reconciliation processes. This team ensures that data sets comprising of trades, positions, valuations and cash flows are in accordance with the internal systems of the bank and the external world. Furthermore, data is transformed into high-quality information and new insights in order to offer a differentiating service to business partners. The team consists of ten specialists and is in transition to the Agile way of working. All team members are part of a self-steering team.
Your team plays a crucial role for the bank to stay in control by setting the standard, managing change and safeguarding the control models across a wide variety of banking processes and products. As Junior/Medior Financial Data Analyst you will work on various reconciliation change initiatives. This includes identifying and initiating opportunities for process improvements. You are validating continuously with business partners globally and being on top of all reconciliation developments in the financial markets. This is an ideal role for someone who likes to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
In addition, together with two other team members, you are the point of contact for internal clients of the bank and you proactively search for new business lines to realize partnerships. You are responsible for the onboarding of these clients and act as a sparring partner in the entire process.
On a daily basis you are involved in operational reconciliation tasks. This includes:
- Analysis of Profit & Loss differences for the Financial Markets and Treasury department
- Collecting data from various sources and perform checks and data validations. If you find inconsistencies or errors, you investigate which source caused it and search for an explanation
- Initiating actions and ensuring follow up towards the assigned party (internal or external departments)
- Making process descriptions and implementing process improvements
- Maintaining a focus on delivering results in an agile way
- Thinking out of the box and find new ways to achieve goals and exceed customer expectations
- Building and maintaining close relationships with various stakeholders and act as a business advisor for management
To be successful, the following should apply:
- MSc. degree in Business or Economics (or similar);
- 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience
- Affinity with the financial markets;
- Knowledge of or affinity with data analysis;
- Good eye for process improvements within the bank;
- Knowledge / experience with BI tools (is a plus);
- Good analytical and numerical skills;
- Entrepreneurial and proactive;
- An innovative and Agile mindset;
- Communicative strong, you perform well in a team but also individually.
- For this position native Dutch is required!
Working as Junior/Medior Financial Data Analyst is challenging, diverse and with international focus. You will gain experience at a renowned and international bank, within a dynamic and results oriented work environment. You get in-depth knowledge of reconciliation processes, global financial instruments and transactions of one of the most professional players in the market. You learn to professionally and effectively communicate with all sorts of stakeholders (also internally). Furthermore, this bank offers you excellent career opportunities to develop yourself.
Furthermore we offer you:
- A good gross salary package €3.000 – €3.800 (36 hours per week)(depending on knowledge and experience)
- Extra study budget of €1500
- 8% vacation allowance
- 24 holiday days
- Participation pension scheme
- Travel allowance
- The essential Young Financials starters goodie-bag!
Interested? Please upload your resume via one of the buttons below. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Floor van Ligten via +31 20 489 23 20 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.