Financial Markets | Applications | IT Consultant | Impact Analyses | BaNCS | International | Agile | Amsterdam | € 3.000 gross / month
Have you completed your Bachelor or Master and are you looking for a starting position within IT and financial markets? Do you want to work at an internationally operating bank in Amsterdam? Young Financials has a challenging starter position available as Junior IT Business Consultant.
Our client is a leading global player in financial markets services. They provide professional investors (including professional traders, market makers, brokers and investment parties) access to financial markets and make it possible for these clients to trade in financial products. These investors are further supported in complying with law and regulations. Your department focuses on facilitating the right IT trading systems and processes for the bank. The existing systems require updates and adjustments in order to continually offer new financial products to its clients. Recently this department shifted to an Agile working environment in order to be “fit for the future”. Together with the rise of blockchain, big data, and digitization of client communication this department offers great opportunities for starters who are innovative and creative- minded! The team consists of developers, technical application specialists and functional application specialists. In your role as Junior IT Business Consultant you will develop a specialism in the clearing or custody domain and form the crucial link between the technicians within your department and the business (global exchanges, brokers and colleagues from other departments).
As Junior IT Business Consultant you have the following responsibilities:
- Together with your team of other specialists, you monitor the process of transactions and business flow and make suggestions to optimize system performance. In this way you make sure that the software systems that make global investment traffic possible are used efficiently;
- The bank offers extra investment options to its clients when new investment instruments are introduced on the market. Together with the investment department you will investigate how the systems need to be adapted accordingly;
- It is your responsibility to communicate these new investment options with programmers and designers within the department. Together you will work on a software extension that meets the criteria of the investment department;
- At the end, you will train and instruct the end users of the software about the changes and new functionalities.
To be successful as Junior IT Business Consultant, the following should apply:
- Strong communication skills and a real team player;
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills and affinity with financial markets, financial instruments and IT processes;
- You are interested in the financial world and curious about the underlying technical processes;
- Proactive and stress-resistant attitude and you think in terms of solutions;
- In any case, the ideal candidate has a completed Bachelor’s and / or Master’s in Business; Economics or Technology;
- Knowledge of Agile is a preference.
As a Junior IT Business Consultant you will work at a fantastic location in Amsterdam in a professional team with a pleasant and informal working environment. You will be involved in the latest (IT) developments in the financial world. You learn how to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, such as department managers and professional investors. Furthermore, you will gain a broad understanding of banking processes and systems from a leading player in the market. Our client will offer an internal program in order for you to continue to grow!
Interested? Please upload your resume via one of the buttons below. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Floor van Ligten via +31 20 489 23 20 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.