Business Development | Securities | Short Selling | Treasury | IT & Software | Python & SQL | Banking | Data Analyses | International | € 3.000 – € 3.400 | Amsterdam
Have you completed your Master’s degree and are you looking for a starting position within financial markets? Would you like to be the linking-pin between the business and IT? Do you have excellent communication skills, and can you switch easily between various disciplines? Are you analytical and do you have affinity with systems and IT? Would you like to work for an international and dynamic organization? Then the vacancy Junior Business Developer – Financial Markets might be a good fit for you! Read further for more information.
Our client is an international bank, located in Amsterdam. This bank provides professional investors (e.g. professional traders, market makers, brokers and investment organizations) access to the financial markets and enables these clients to trade in financial products. Next to that, the bank supports these investors with complying to laws and regulations.
As a Junior Business Developer, you will be focused on facilitating the right IT-trade systems and processes for the bank. It is your responsibility to explore business issues and to ensure that the systems and processes are altered to align with these. You will perform these tasks within two teams: Short Selling Operations and Treasury. Short Selling Operations supports professional short selling traders by managing their positions and securities borrowing and lending. Treasury is, among other things, responsible for liquidity management, Collateral Management and managing counter party credit risk arising from the bank’s stock loan trading activities.
Your responsibilities include:
- You translate business queries to technical solutions. This means that you are the linking-pin between the business and IT. You gather business requirements to concrete solutions for IT Engineers;
- You collaborate with the product owner and the IT-development team to create a plan that is of high quality, as well as realistic;
- You test if the software of the IT-development team meets the standards;
- You create guidelines for the implementation phase;
- You monitor and support the business with new software and system updates.
To be a successful Junior Business Developer – Financial markets, you have or are:
- A Master’s degree in Financials Technology, Business Information Management; Finance or similar;
- 0-2 years of relevant working experience;
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills;
- Strong affinity with process optimization and (big) data;
- Knowledge of Python and SQL is a plus;
- Strong communication skills and a true team player;
- You are interested in the world of finance and curious about the underlying technical processes;
- Proactive and resistant to stress, you think in solutions;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology is a plus;
- You are fluent in English
As Junior Business Developer – Financial Markets, you will work at a prime location in Amsterdam within a highly professional team, that has a great and informal culture. You learn to effectively communicate with various departments within the bank to get the work done. Next to that, you gain in depth insights into banking processes and systems from a prominent player in the field. You will be included in the latest (IT and data) developments in the world of finance. Moreover, Young Financials offers you:
- Gross monthly salary of €3.000 – €3.400 based on 40 hours, depending on your background and experience;
- 24 vacation days per year and paid public holidays;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Commuting from home to work reimbursement.
Interested? Please upload your resume via one of the buttons below. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Floor van Ligten via +31 20 489 23 20 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.