Control banking products | MSc. | Wholesale Banking | Valuation | Finance | Accounting | Process Optimization | International | € 3.000 – € 3.400,- | 36 hours per week |
Are you a MSc. graduate and looking for a job within the field of valuation, settlements and accountancy? Do you have strong analytical skills and a can-do mentality? Do you want to gain in-depth knowledge of all facets of Wholesale banking? This Junior Banking Controller position might be perfect for you!
Our client is an international bank in the field Wholesale Banking, asset management, real estate and insurance. Your department, consisting of 27 team members, is responsible for validation and recording financial products on a daily basis. This requires excellent knowledge of banking processes and financial products in the field of valuation, settlements and accounting. The department supports various locations worldwide such as London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and South America.
You are responsible for accurate financial recording, meeting standards and requirements of the bank and regulators. For one specific group of traders (bonds, derivatives or treasury) you run valuations on their transactions.
Your tasks include:
- Comparison of the values of yesterday’s transactions and calculation of the profit and loss;
- Communication and justification of your findings with Front Office;
- Responsibility for the general ledger. In order to match bookkeeping with the profit and loss statement (P&L), you check if valuations and positions are recorded correctly.
Furthermore, you collect requirements, perform analyzes and you make decisions independently. In addition, you participate in several projects in the field of process optimization, accounting, performance reporting, system centralization and implementation of new requirements from regulators. This is a dynamic and energetic work environment.
To be successful as a Junior Banking Controller, the following should apply:
- MSc. In Finance, Economics, Accountancy, Econometrics (or similar)
- Affinity with finance/accountancy and financial products
- 0 – 2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Accurate, detail oriented and pragmatic
- Good eye for process improvement
- Excellent English language skills
This is an unique opportunity for a young professional who is interested to gain in-depth knowledge of all facets of Wholesale banking. You will built up in-depth knowledge of wholesale banking products. Also you will become a valuable sparring partner for colleagues in Front Office, Risk, Financial Reporting and Operations. Furthermore, the bank invests in your professional and personal development and offers excellent career opportunities.
Young Financials offers you:
- A good gross salary package: €3.000 – € 3.400,- per month. Salary is based on 36 hours per week and depends on your educational background and work experience
- Extra study budget of 1500
- 8% vacation allowance
- 24 vacation days
- Participation pension scheme
- Travel allowance
- The essential Young Financials starts goodie-bag!
Interested? Please upload your resume via one of the buttons below. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Floor van Ligten via +31 20 489 23 20 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.