Junior Data Scientist | Developing Prediction Models | Programming | Big Data | Databases | SQL | Python | 0-2 Years Experience | MSc | € 3.500 – € 4.500 | Amsterdam
Are you a creative and curious Junior Data Scientist, who is eager to work on the development of prediction models? Do you want to work in an international work environment in Amsterdam? Then we might have an interesting opportunity for you!
Our client is a leading global player in Financial Markets services. They provide professional investors (including professional traders, market makers, brokers and investment parties) access to Financial Markets and make it possible for these clients to trade in financial products. These investors are further supported in complying with law and regulations. You will be working in the Global Data Science team, this team closely co-operates with the finance, risk and operations departments.
As a creative, entrepreneurial and curious Junior Data Scientist, you’ll be working on a wide variety of topics within finance and will discover further improvements using data insights. Your activities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Developing and testing prediction models;
- Exploring, presenting and identifying opportunities;
- Experimenting and creating prototypes;
- Formulating data science solutions relevant to the client.
To be successful as Junior Data Scientist, the following should apply:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, (Data) Engineering, Econometrics, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence or similar
- 0-2 years of relevant working experience;
- Experience with programming (Python);
- Experience with database handling (SQL);
- Experience with Pyspark;
- (Theoretical) knowledge of machine learning;
- Experience with visualization tools;
- Able to communicate effectively both to IT and the business;
- Strong affinity with Financial Markets;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- You are always thinking one step ahead, able to look at things from another perspective and your enthusiasm and passion is contagious!
We understand that skills depend on experience, if your skillset differs slightly from the above we do welcome you to apply.
As Junior Data Scientist, we offer you:
- The opportunity to work in an innovative and international team in Amsterdam;
- Insights into various banking processes, systems, products and regulations at one of the most professional player in the Financial Markets;
- A challenging and very dynamic working environment;
- The chance to build a unique network;
- You work for important stakeholders inside and outside the bank.
- € 3.500 – €4.500 gross per month, depending on your work experience and educational background and based on a 40 hours working week;
- 8% holiday allowances;
- Paid public holidays and 24 holiday days (plus two bonus holiday days);
- Participation in pension arrangement;
- Training budget € 1500, – per year;
- Commuting from home to work reimbursement.
Interested? Please upload your resume via one of the buttons below. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Noortje Slagter via +31 20 489 23 20 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.